Friday, August 05, 2005

Week~!

Today is Friday and it has been a somewhat hectic week for me. The good thing is that this whole week I only went to camp for about 2 ½ days. Mon I was on guard till Tues morning, went home for guard off later than expected. Got held up clearing all the paperwork. By the time I got home, it was already 12pm. Took a short rest, then went out to meet Audrey for lunch. Hung out in the new Jurong East Library afterwards, till my driving lesson in the evening.

I must say, it can be scary to filter into a main road, esp. if the vehicles are coming off a hill and you cannot see them till they are at the top of the hill. The driving lesson ran in a circuit, driving down a quiet winding road till it reached the main road which brought me back to the beginning of the quiet road again. It was quite intimidating to filter into the main road, which resulted in the car stalling a few times. But after about 7-10 loops, I more or less got the hang of it.

The next day I took an off, and again went for a driving lesson. This time, I went on a long drive around the area, ending up in Boon Lay at some point. Still had problems with the clutch, but at least the car stalled no more than 10 times during the whole lesson. One major stalling area was when the car was stopped on a slight incline, but managed to get moving after a couple of tries. My lesson was about to come to an end when it suddenly started raining like crazy. Lucky I didn’t have to travel far, because visibility was pretty poor. At least I got a chance to experience what driving in wet weather was like.

After the lesson, went over to CW’s place to meet Aud and him for lunch. Too bad Aud had some work commitments and couldn’t make it at the last moment. Spent the day watching CW tinker around with his blog and its background. That inspired me to change the layout for my blog too… Will be getting to the background once I find something I like to place as the background. Closer to the evening, watched and timed CW as he played Dynasty Warriors. This game seems to have a sedative effect on me, because every time I watch this game being played, I fall asleep. Hmmm…. I wonder why…?

Thurs passed as any other day in camp, doing all the work, getting overworked and going home late. The usual. Decided to take Friday(which is today) MC as my knee was still hurting from the injury during basketball the week before. When I went to see a doctor at the polyclinic, I got what I must say, the lousiest doctor in the place. After going in and telling him my problem, he asked me: “The SAF has one of the best medicine around, why did you come here to see me? You should go and see your MO about your problem, shouldn’t come and see me.” What he said completely caught me by surprise! In all my years of seeing doctors, he is the first to say something like that. If he felt that seeing NS men were such a chore, well then, quit! I was about to tick him off right there and then, but I felt that it would be a waste of my time. Better to spend it writing a complain letter to the NHG about him. Since he’s so disgruntled about his job, I should put him out of his misery. But on the other hand, why should I put him out of his misery? Should let him stay there and rot. Hmmm… contemplate that later… Any suggestions?

No comments: