Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sianz~

My Sat passed pretty uneventfully, although I almost went for a basketball game that the guys cancelled due to the lack of people and forgot to inform me of this new development. So there I was, about to go out of the door, I msged TYY to tell him that I might not make it in time. He gave me a call just in the nick of time, with me having one foot out the door. It’s a lucky thing that he woke up, because apparently, he was still asleep when my msg went through. Tks TYY.

Later in the day, wondering how come there was no call from the sqn regarding my shift timing for mon, I decided to call back only to discover that I was doing guard duty on Sun! Bummer! Prior to that call I was still thinking of who was going to Daniel’s farewell party in case I was left there with no one but Daniel and Audrey. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Sorry Dan, duty called.

It’s pretty demoralising to be waking up at 6.30 to go for breakfast before heading to camp on a Sun. Doing that on a Mon is bad enough, but doing something like that on a Sun, totally saddening. To top it off, I have to walk all the way into camp, without any hope of a lift from the people driving into camp due to the simple fact that there is no one else going to camp. The good part is that I need not change to coveralls when I get there. The whole day I could wear whatever I pleased because Sun is considered silent hours. The whole day was spent playing PS2 and Chinese chess save for the occasional phone call back to the sqn. Since the 1st shift on Mon was to start at the unearthly hour of 6, couldn’t sleep late. After doing the required servicing, I got the rest of the day off. But due to paperwork and the damn bowser, got delayed till 11 am before I could leave. Lucky I got a ride out this time round.

When home to sleep, and decided against going down earlier to Jurong to find Aud for lunch because 2 more hours of sleep was too good to pass up this time round. When for my driving lesson later in the evening in the area. After the lesson, it was back home to sleep, round 2. Woke up for dinner, den after watching TV and chatting online, went for round 3 of sleep.

The rest of the week has been the usual, go to camp, do work, go home, sleep and repeat. Doing afternoon shift these few days, so I won’t be online anytime before 12am, save for the mornings before I go to camp.

It’s time for me to go to camp again. Ciao.

No comments: