Wednesday, August 10, 2005

National Day!

Yesterday was National Day, and the final time I had to go down to Marina Promenade to do ration and support. It was a proud day, to be instrumental in the success of the parade, but also a sad day. It’s the last time that I will be seeing most of the people that I have been working side by side or with for the past 6 months. Whilst a large number of the ration and support are from Sembawang Airbase the others who are not, the chances of meeting them again are slim. This would also mark the end of my off collection. And since I’ve been using my off to learn my driving, I got to start using the off much more carefully from now on.

Also don’t get to see the cute girls every week too… Now it’s a question on whether they want to see me. Haha… And in case the cute girls don’t know who they are… they are Amelia, Kelly, and Paullyn. I know that I said you gals were not the only bunch of girls at the NDP, but yes you are the cutest ones. I still don’t have the picture yet, they are all still on a dSLR belonging to Mr Foo. But since he doesn’t know this blog exist (I sure hope not), I shan’t drop any hints here. Haha…

Going home yesterday was a pain, and I realised that the NDP Pass thing I was given was pretty useless, it could get me pass all the barriers because beyond the barrier was a wall of people. I ended up walking with Avtar all the way to Bugis from Marina Promenade, just to get a bus to go home. The MRT itself was already too packed with people so I decided to go bus hopping to get home. Carrying a carton of H-two-O home also didn’t help me much. When I finally got to Bugis Junction, after walking an agonising 15 mins, I managed to get a bus to Sim Lim Square, where I got another bus home. By the time I reached home, it was 12 am. A far cry from the 2 am that I was expecting to get home by.

There will be a party for the logistics people in the near future according to Maj Pang, who I think might be giving us a treat, because we have been rated the best support the NDP has seen in a long time! Yay! Finally get to go to a place where I won’t need to move the food, serve the drink and clear the trash there after. Just go there eat and make merry. I also hear that I will get a cert. in some ceremony in the near future for the support provided at the NDP. Hmmm… Wonder if it’s going to be any use next time when I’m applying for a job. Hope that they have a criteria that says, “Any previous NDP experience?”

Anyway, Today is a stand-down for all NDP personnel, but I’m also taking Thurs and Fri off. Can’t bear to go back to squadron and face that Pikachu. Wait for nothing will kanna lightning strike again. Must find a pokemon ball and capture him one of these days. But besides driving on Thurs and most likely Fri, I will be free. So if anyone wants to jio me out, I’m available in the mornings and evenings… *hint hint*

Ya btw, I finally got down to changing my blog background after the incessant complaining frm CW, I hope you like it.

No comments: