Monday, July 11, 2005

Another Week!

Back blogging again after more than a week of absence... At this current trend, I might just end up blogging once a month! Haha... Hope it doesn't come to that, but at the same time I'll have more to write that way, summing up my pretty slow life once a month is definitely much easier than every day or every other day for that matter. The week went by pretty fast as I was doing the night shift for 1/2 the week, the time seems to fly by when it starts at 12pm with me waking up and reporting to camp an hr or more later. Then a couple of hours after reporting to camp the sky begins to darken as the sun sets and the rest of the world goes to sleep while I work till abt 10+ or 11 before going home. And the cycle repeats itself. But the morning shift is better in some other ways although I have to report early to camp; at least I get to go home earlier too. It’s nice to book out with the sun still in the sky sometimes. The week was pretty much the same as any other, filled with wrong request, conflicting orders and constantly changing orders. The good part was on thurs, when the CO treated the whole squadron lunch of succulent roasted delicacies in the likes of a suckling pig, meat(char siew), chicken and duck. Needless to say, by the time I got there, it was just in time to snap up the last pathetic piece of suckling pig. And that was because I was quick, although in turn lost out for a piece of char siew. Haha… it was a good trade-off. =p Good thing that the chicken and duck was aplenty, or the NSFs would have starved to death. The reason for the sudden treat was the CO got promoted, something that happens like once in 2-3 yrs. So it looks like that’s the last one coming my way.

Fri was pretty stressful day, going to QAC (Quality Assurance Centre) for oral examination to become a qualified personnel. Managed to pass the test, but by a whisker if you ask me. Going back to the squadron afterwards, had the bad luck of running into Jack-O-Lantern, who loves eavesdropping other people’s conversation, can come and scold me for saying that doing a fireguard is easier that being a marshalled. It’s my own damn opinion, and just because he feels otherwise, doesn’t give him the right to come and scold me for saying so. Not that I was talking to him in the first place. So what if people say he’s good at what he does? It doesn’t give him the right to go around, listening to others conversations and forcing others to take his opinions. Out of all the regulars there, he’s the only overconfident son-0f-a-bitch there, not to say that he’s attitude towards my batch of NSFs has been all but lousy. But enough of him. I will grind my axe some other time.

Sat was NDP as usual, and at the same time not so usual. After distributing lunch, an Indian girl came up to me and said she recognised from a hop-nite at Ngee Ann some years back, of which I was e bouncer. I have no recollection of that, but I supposedly mistook her for a fellow bouncer although she was part of e organisers. Hmm… still don’t remember. Haha…=X Left NDP early to rush down to Audrey’s birthday party. When I got there, I was in for a surprise. The first thing when I got there was this lady, who I now have a believe was one year my senior, came up to me and asked me if I recognised her. I have a rough idea of what she used to look like, but cannot really recall ever talking the her before. Heehee… After that when I saw Aud and her rebounded hair, I was…stunned. Not because she suddenly looked stunning, but more like her new look was an acquired taste. It doesn’t make her look ugly, but I say I liked the previous hair style. (haha… In case you are reading this aud, sorry for saying it made you look like a mushroom. But that was the only thing that I could think of at such short notice). Had a good time talking with the rest of the gang, although Aud herself was running around entertaining everyone. Left with the rest of the gang at about 10+ with Kelvin driving Mali home and CW, Jun and me going to westmall to chat awhile longer before we called it a day and went home.

Since I’m on e topic of birthdays… I like to wish Audrey HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY! I know its not till Thurs but I’d like to be an early bird.

And another person who I like to wish in case I forget is Jeannie whose bdae is on Tues. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNIE! And no, you are not getting the cash, car and condo from me.

Its 2am now, and I am starting to get exhausted. Till the next time. Ciao.

No comments: