Thursday, June 30, 2005

Back!

First of all, I know I've gone for almost 2 weeks without blogging, but its time for an update! My schedule has been pretty tight for the past weeks, leaving me pretty drained by the time I got home, so it was reach home, eat dinner, bathe and slp. Bathing was optional in some cases, I just slept on e floor. Sounds pretty cham right? Sad but true.

The weeks passed painfully slowly, with so many things to do. The rain was particularly irritating at times, keeping me from completing some task that effectivily kept me stuck in camp. (For the benefits of those who don't already know, I'm a stay out personnel.) The ends of the months are particularly tiring esp. these few months. Glad its almost over.

Last sat was the 1st NDP Rehersal at the Padang, I was stationed at Marina Promeanade with the civilian contingents. It was pretty fun, having for the 1st time not needing to carry all my supplies to the water/ration points myself. Had another team from Changi AB doing all the moving/delivery of all the supplies. Though they kind of died off at the end(Puff the magic dragon, they disappeared!). Haha. It was good whilst it lasted. Thanks guys. But it is not meant to be. Hear that this week, it will be back to me to do the deploying and supplying of the points once again. Haiz...

Ended up manning the water/ration pt supplying the NTUC and MMI contingents. Both which seem to lack in pretty ladies. Heehee. MMI has a number, but in comparison to e total size, its but a small fraction. Glad to see that the Scout contingent was just beside my point, cos their headmistress(Yes, there are girl scouts now) is pretty cute and just a little younger than I am. Heh heh heh. Was slightly disappointed though... I was the one in charge of that point before moving one station down due to the lack of manpower. =( One must make the best of their situation, and so I will.

Managed to see the full flypast of the RSAF aircraft and feel the power of the artillery cannons when they fired from across the Singapore river. Was pretty tired so I didn't stay to watch the fireworks testing. Maybe another week.

While I was busy doing all this, I was also missing out on my good friend Mary's birthday party. Was hoping to be able to rush down after the rehersal, but it gt delayed so I couldn't make it. Only consolation is that my present managed to make it there. ENJOY YOUR PRESENT MALI!

This week also was pretty much the same except that I ended up working overtime on a few occasions. Managed to get off earlier today so tt is why you are getting this update. Hee... Tml is SAF Day and there is some parade that I'm supposed to be in. Funny concidence is that the slight cough I've been having seems to be acting up. Shall go to the polyclinic to get it checked in the morning =D *Cough* Heehee...
Its getting late... I shall go get some rest now. Till the next time!

No comments: