Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Mistakes

I have finally understood why more and more people are becoming perfectionist. A simple mistake, one seemingly unimportant, can cause major headaches for not only you, but also all those around you. The price some people pay for a lapse in concentration doing what is a standard every now so often task.

Whilst I cannot elaborate on what happened, I would like to clarify that I wasn't involved but got hit by the backlash afterwards anyway. So I would like to ask: if such a small mistake, not detected by all the checks along the way, could cause so much trouble, who would dare make any mistakes at all? I sure don't. But at the same time, I'm human too, bound to cause a hick-up sooner or later, big or small, and even the best systems cannot save me. Should all that I can do is to do my best, hope that the mistake I made, can be quickly corrected, covered up and forgotten by all but myself? Sometimes I wish it was that easy: be selfish and let others find out what not to do by making the same mistake themselves. But its not. Back to the drawing board? Hahaha...

This week I seemed to be doomed to the afternoon shift, waking up late, sleeping late, but I would try to blog every now and then. But until I get a digital camera den you might get pictures. Till the next time. Ciao!

No comments: