Friday, July 29, 2005

Driving

Recently decided that, since I have so much NDP-off to clear, I might as well do something useful with the time. So after much contemplating, I have decided to take up driving. Not the golf kind of course. I find a man hitting a small white ball with a stick, then after which going to look for his ball, only to hit it again till it drops into a hole which is 5X bigger than the ball itself, seemingly displaying the pinnacle of human intelligence, sort of depressing. But back to the topic… I’m learning how to drive!

Learning with this instructor that my mom’s nephew recommended (Does that make him my cousin??). Supposed to be his friend, but the instructor can’t seem to recall who he his… hmmm… hahaha… Anyway, he is a good instructor, patience, clear, and transparent about what he says. Everything is explained clearly and concisely, complete with reasons if I’m not convinced. The first lesson went pretty well, I was actually driving the car within ½ an hr. Was a bit hesitant at first, but I managed to move off without stalling the car on the first try… Hurray! Did a short run on a curved road, stopping a few times along the way… with that, my hour long lesson ended, just when I reached the main road. It was fun, but much harder than it looks. You know how you see someone driving on e road and thinking that it looked simple enough? Well, it’s deceiving. It’s not that simple. But it’s my first lesson only. Suddenly to main road with all the traffic looks very intimidating. Till the next lesson. Ciao.

No comments: