Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Haven't Been Blogging

I haven’t been blogging lately, due to the fact that I’ve been working the late shift recently. Although I start late, its usually due to the fact that I actually worked till quite late the day before. Another reason is that I’m getting to plain lazy to blog. Hahaha… There has been a recent hype on bloggers again, with the more famous few making comments on sensitive issues and throwing everybody back into the spotlight. Now there’s hottest blogger, not due to the content of their blogs, but now, that the blogger is pretty! That and the accompanying debate on whether she’s really a beauty, or just plastic. Hmmm… How can people dare call Singaporeans uncreative? They are cleverly creating jobs for the media people to work on. Smart eh? I think so too. I wonder when this craze dies down a bit what or who will be the next target.

Anyway, there was this funny incident that one of my camp mates caused, between him and some Arabian looking man. It’s a wonder that he didn’t get complained about. 3 of us were walking out from camp, crossing the road outside camp actually, when this Arabian looking man in a Middle Eastern outfit, head dress and all, driving a Honda Odyssey, pulled to a halt at the red light crossing that we were using. Knowing when to keep your mouth shut is obviously a lesson that this camp mate should learn, because when he saw this Arabian looking man, he gestured to my friend and said: “eh, Osama leh!” Both of us already saw him and noted the striking resemblance, but we didn’t say anything because we had also noticed that he was driving with the window of his car wound down. And that big mouth failed to notice this till after he said the Osama part, only to realise that the man’s elbow was actually protruding out from the car’s window. Not only that, but he also said it loud enough, so much so the Arabian looking man heard it! I was trying to control my laughter and put on a poker face, but when we walked pass the car, the man grinned at that idiot and said: “Osama eh?” With that, the rest of us burst out laughing. Mr. Big Mouth was immediately apologetic, but the rest of us really couldn’t stop laughing. What’s the moral of the story? Look before you speak! Hahahaha…

On a more sombre note, as of today, my com is dead. RIP. I am now blogging from my lappy. Not dead as in dead dead, to be scraped dead, more of like out of commission dead. The power supply blew again, how and why, I might never know. It just up and died. Hoping that the 3 year warranty on it works out, and I get a one to one exchange. Have to get down to the tedious task of ripping it out from my com first. Also, my blog’s shoutbox seems to be acting up recently again, and I am simply fed up with it. As of now, I am on the hunt for a new shoutbox. Any recommendations people? For now, guess you all will have to make do with the comments system by Haloscan. I hope that doesn’t die on me too.

I got a million things running through my mind right now, but most I most likely won’t put into words here, not for the moment at least. Too many fragments of too many thoughts. Till the next time I decide to blog. Ciao!

No comments: