Monday, October 03, 2005

Rain

It has been a long time since I’ve blogged…again. Been pretty busy in camp lately, doing guard for people twice during the week. 2X a week in a span of less than 5 days. As most of u have realised, it’s been raining almost every other day for the past 2 weeks. This is good news for me if I was at home with no where to go, but when I’m in camp, it means that the shift will be getting extended. But on the upside of things, after Friday’s rain, I think my camp just got a new “swimming pool”! Hahaha… don’t think I want to go swimming there any time soon.

Doing NS is getting kind of boring, doing the same things everyday in a different order. I’m starting to feel that my brain is slowly beginning to reduce to a puddle of unusable muck. Argh! I see the effects happening now. At this rate, I don’t know what state I’ll be in by the time I ORD.

Anyway, on another note, if u have been reading the newspapers this past week or so, you would have noticed the increasing articles about organisations trying to regulate what people can and cannot say on their blogs. I agree that racist remarks are really too much, but personal opinions on people, are considered flaming. Even the schools, the institutions that are supposed to educate, are getting to it, using hard tactics to force people to close their blogs, remove post. The next thing you will see will be the influx of anonymous blogs, publishing even worst stuff, with new ones popping up each day.

If what is being said is really totally untrue, and written with malicious intent, then perhaps you have grounds to request that some action be taken by the person who wrote it. But if it’s just something that you don’t want to hear, then is it grounds to use such means to suppress it? Then if I were to feel someone is an ass, a big one at that, and were to write it down then I’m wrong. If it was that way, then controversial writers would all disappear, be suppressed and all that you read and hear would be the things all buttered and sugared up to please the person who’s concern. I predict the end of free press if this goes on too long. All hail those who write bluntly then.

No comments: