Monday, October 10, 2005

Slow Week

After blogging all this while, I have finally arrived at a stumbling block in blogging: Nothing exciting to write about. Yes, I like many other people are leading a some what boring life. Doing NS doesn’t help. Trust me. If it’s exciting, but it has some link to what I am doing in camp, then it is best to leave it there and not write anything about it. This is to prevent people from knocking at my door in the middle of the night. So counting that I spend a large part of my time in camp, it leaves me with this stumbling block of what to write. And the title doesn’t really help either. I’ve been cracking my brain more and more over the title, than what is actually said in the entry itself. Are these recipes for disaster? I surely hope not. So as long as I continue rambling here, I hope that you continue reading.

This week passed pretty quickly, because of the Sembawang Air Base Anniversary celebrations. Friday was the celebrations, with an outing to Safra Yishun to have the standard bowling competitions, along with the air-rifle and LAN competitions. Sounds like fun? I thought so too. The day didn’t exactly start very well, because when I reached Northpoint Mac to meet some of my camp buddies in the awful looking squadron T-shirt, only to be informed that I was supposed to bring along a polo tee for a dinner in the evening. After much deliberation, I decided to buy one instead of going all the way home to get one. So after lunch, Stanley and I set out to buy a polo tee. After searching through the whole of Northpoint, we finally ended up at Hang-Ten. I bought 2 polo tees for $26, because all the shops seem to have this promotion of charging u almost ½ price for a piece if u bought 2 or 3. Like the one from Hang-Ten was $23 each, but went @ $13 apiece if I bought 2. So I bought 2, and since Stanley already had his polo, I bought both for myself. Once I had bought my tee, we met up with the rest of them and took a ride to Safra.

Safra was pretty nice, and within walking distance to Yishun MRT. Makes me wonder why after holding on to the safra card for so long, I never went to make use of the place. Maybe it’s because that the card doesn’t give much discount! All the prices in there didn’t have a member price, so now I’m wondering why I pay $3 a month for the card. Yes, it’s not free. Well, the competitions started and people like me, who didn’t join anything, were all left there drifting around. And lucky I didn’t. Some of them who joined the LAN competition got really fuming mad when after waiting for their round for 2 hrs, were told there was not enough time for them to play and that they were eliminated. To make matters worse, there was a lot of time leftover, they just didn’t want to conduct it.

Meanwhile, 2 of my campmates and I, stole off to Northpoint for some entertainment. We ended up spending most of our time playing the arcade. When time was about up, we made our way back and slipped back into the crowd. While mingling around, saw my S1 standing and staring across the road. Jokingly asked her what she was guarding, and she told me she saw 2 guys slipping out and crossing the road to go buy something opposite Safra and asked me if I knew who they were. I replied her casually: “I don’t know, I just came back from Northpoint myself so I didn’t see anything.” The stunned look on her face was worth a thousand words sia. I believe that she thought that everyone stayed around and that we were having a good time. Haha… If she only knew that we weren’t the only ones there. Haha…

Proceeded to change out of my horrible squadron t-shirt and into my polo tee before boarding the bus back to camp. The celebrations in camp consisted of performances by the Music and Drama Company, and a buffet. Most of us were interested in the free-flow beer that came with the buffet and the buffet itself of course. We came out with a strategy of 8 people sitting at the table going for the 8 different food points giving out different food. Then bring it back to the table and repeating till the table was full. It worked out perhaps a bit too well, with all of us getting stuffed silly at the end of the day. One of my friends even got drunk on the free flow beer. Then he left before us and started messaging us weird stuff. Haha… I don’t think he can remember doing that. Poor guy was totally wasted. I made my way home at about 9+, completely stuffed but sober.

Saturday was spent playing basketball with the gang at Gombak. We played 4 vs. 3 till about 10, before KW decided to make his appearance. Continued playing till it rained at 11. Once the rain died down, all these basketball crazy fools started to play in the rain. It was pretty funny, playing unable to run much, scared to jump and passing most of the time since bouncing at certain areas of the court was impossible. And there were the water effects while we played. Concluded our game once the rain stopped and KW got hungry. I skipped lunch with them, because I had lunch waiting for me at home.

The rest of my weekend was pretty much spent playing CS and sleeping. Managed to help my mom make Tiramisu! Haha… Yummy treat! But that is for another time. This is making me crave for a piece. Off to get one! Ciao~

No comments: