Friday, October 28, 2005

The end is here

I haven’t been blogging over the past week or so because I’ve taken a little trip to hell and just got back. Figuratively speaking, of course. This past week has been audit week, with the preparations really taking their toll on me. Things are suddenly in one big mess, standards and practices that were norm are now deemed unlawful and have to be changed; changes and radical ideas are hastily implemented; “holes” have to be dug to cover up all the “extra” items that have appeared over the years; documents suddenly need to meet new standards that were never in place before. All for one big show for the auditors who are simply clueless like walking question marks. They poke here and there, trying to find discrepancies that have not been adequately covered up. Bur more or less, there is simply nothing much to find. And to accomplish this inhumanly feat, I and the rest of my compatriots, have been working 12, 13, even 14 hour shifts. There was once, I started work at 5 in the morning and didn’t end till about 6 in the evening! And the next day was no different. So obviously, if everyone is running ragged, there will be those who will fall sick. So as the week progressed, more and more people started going down. I lasted till Wed before going down. There were quite a number who weren’t far behind.

Well the comforting part is that I managed to get my off for Friday approved, and used it to learn driving. Went all out this time and took a 2 hr lesson. I went about the U-turn course before proceeding to my 1st lesson on performing a 3-point turn. Looks easy? Hardly. The illegal 3-point turns done with lots of space, with a slot or lot at one side don’t count. Using only a 2 lane road, and with those 2 lanes of space alone, do a 3-point turn to face the car in the opposite direction. Rules are, that if any part of the car, may it be wheel or bumper, touch the curb, it would be considered an unsuccessful turn. Not much space to work with. Well, I gotta work on that. On the brighter note, my general driving has improved quite a lot, although my U-turn still needs improvement. At this rate by test day I should be good to go!

No comments: