Saturday, September 03, 2005

Short Week

This week was a somewhat short one. Wed has no flying for some unknown reason, so I used the day to do my secondary appointment. Went to do a fleet check, it took from 8 in the morning to about 3 in the late afternoon. Missed my lunch, but for some weird reason, took tea-break at 10, something that I very rarely do. Guess it was a good thing, because by the time that I came up from the airfield, all the lunch was gone. Eaten or tossed.

I was hoping to get early off after doing the fleet check, it was cleared with my IC before I started work, but as usual, got played out and had to stay till about 7 before getting released. But spending the whole day in the sun took its toll, feeling a bit feverish, pretty sun-burnt, and with a headache, took an MC the next day. The next day happened to be RSD or RSAF Safety Day, but better known as Report Sick Day. What coincidence! Hahaha… I spent the rest of that day resting and relaxing, resting more though, because the medicine knocked me out cold.

The next day was squadron family day, so I went for a driving lesson before making my way to Orchid County Club to play bowling as part of the family day. I must say, its been a long time since I went bowling, and I cannot bowl 2 slots per game for 3 games. Why 2 slots? Because of a certain someone, who put his name there and ran off to hell knows where. So ended up playing for him too… And he actually outscored me! Or rather I out scored myself. Sad right? I seem to be able to play better when the name there isn’t mine. But it also could be that his name was before mine.

After resting for about an hour waiting for the games to end and the prize giving ceremony, a couple of my friends and I decided to adjourn to the pool place below the bowling alley for pool. We played till about 7pm before going for dinner at Crystal Jade Ramen at Northpoint. The food there was delicious! The ramen came in bowls that were bigger than my hand. Everyone ordered a different type of ramen, and all gave it 2 thumbs up. And the xiao long pau, outstanding! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The ambience of the place was also nice, tucked away in a corner; it had a warm and bright decor, and was comfortable, without all the loud chatter that some Chinese restaurants have. The prices were also pretty affordable. I would recommend this restaurant! Kudos to Dy EO for his recommendation of the place!

No comments: