Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lousy Week

This week has been a lousy week for me.

It all started on Mon, which saw rain making me stay in camp till about 11 pm although I was supposed to end at 6 pm. On top of that, I got drenched from standing in the middle of the airfield when it began to rain heavily. Then later when the rain subsided, I went out for servicing, only for the rain to fall again the moment I got there and was ½ way through my servicing. When I closed and packed everything up and moved back to the hangar for shelter, it was still raining. But after running in the rain back to the squadron building, it stopped raining a short while later. I was then told to go back out and continue my servicing. When I made my way out there again, the same thing happened. Only this time, it came just after I arrived at the aircraft and removed the covers. Replaced the covers in the rain, before making my way into the hangar. A short while after reaching the hangar it rain stopped. Completed that servicing and went back to the squadron, only to find out I had a hotwash just added to my task. When I went out there, it looked like the weather was going to hold, but I was wrong again. Just as the aircrafts were arriving back, the rain started pouring again. Got completely drenched once again. That thunderstorm lasted till about 8pm before I could go out again. I managed to complete my servicing just as the rain started the drizzle down again. High tailed out of the airfield before it started pouring again.

Tues and Wed wasn’t much better, although it didn’t rain, I seemed to keep forgetting things. It was either forgetting to latch things up, or getting more than my fair share of things to do. Wed was particularly bad, firstly with getting my off on Thurs cancelled, and secondly with me forgetting to get a receipt from the cab I took home. Was so tired that it completely slipped my mind. Argh!

I thought maybe I still could squeeze my driving lesson into Thurs morning, but it was not to be. There was no more available space for me with the instructor. Sad. I’m hoping the rest of my day goes better, but I’m doing night shift today although I got to report early tml for guard. Sianz… Sometimes the more I stay in the squadron, the more I don’t feel like doing it anymore. And I’m not the only one to feel this way. But I got no choice. 1 year 2 days to ORD! I’m starting to count le. I got to make my way to camp now. Ciaoz.

No comments: