Friday, January 13, 2006

Sun! On Friday the 13th

I finally got a glimpse of the sun today! Although it was amidst a slight drizzle, it was a welcome sight. The drizzle also stopped soon after anyway. After all that rain, everything was getting kind of damp, so it is nice to have a bit of sun today. I know that there are people breathing a sign of relief that the sun has finally decided to come out of its long holiday. I know I have a MSG who has been at home ironing all his clothes dry for the past few days. He was starting to consider buying a dryer… Hahaha…

It still drizzled every few hours, but they lasted no more than ½ an hr. I got stuck doing the servicing for 2 post repair aircraft. Problematic job… One of the aircraft was actually still in a few pieces, and had not been completely assembled yet. Still had to make do and complete the task. Good thing that they are not actually flying that aircraft yet. It still needs some test first.

Anyway, as predicted, the squadron is flying tomorrow due to the rain this past week. Lucky thing is that I have been allowed to go for an off day, one reason is that I have a driving lesson, and another is that next week I got to go back for guard duty on Sat anyway. Whew~ waking up early to go to camp on a Sat is simply not a good thing. Guess that Friday the 13th is not that unlucky after all. It has been my lucky day for some years now. Heehee.

On another note, this morning when I was preparing to go to camp, I switched on my monitor to shut down my computer which was running the night downloading stuff, and an amazing thing happened. The monitor lit up, before fading to black right in front of my very eyes! Then a few seconds later, jumped back to life, as if nothing had happened. Maybe this is a sign for me to start monitor hunting. If I have to change my monitor, perhaps I might take the opportunity to upgrade to a LCD. Only problem is, I got a budget for a digital camera that I’m looking to buy, but not one for a monitor. Haiz. Hope it doesn’t die too fast. Time to rob the bank again I guess…

Think I better stop here and continue tml. Got an early driving lesson tml. Crazy me took a 7 am slot. Ciao.

No comments: