Thursday, January 12, 2006

Nice Weather

The weather has been pretty good this week, though I know there will be a number of people who beg to differ. Starting from last Sat, it has been raining almost constantly. This has kept the whole of sg pretty cool, too cold for some in fact. Except that water is constantly falling from the sky, which seems to come in an endless supply, it’s nice to go around with the whole island feeling slightly air-conditioned. On the down side, my house is slowly filling up with wet laundry, with the fan running constantly to dry the clothes. And if it keeps raining, I will have to go back to camp this Sat and the one after that in order for them to fulfil the amount of flying hours per pilot. Mind you, in this case it will be considered a working day and no day-off will be awarded. Haiz. Also, I think I haven’t seen the sun in over a week, and I’m starting to wonder if its still there. Hahaha…

Anyway, I’ve been having this quarrel with this encik in my camp for the past week, practically coinciding with the rain. Hmm… This encik in camp is this old fossil, who always feels that his view of things is always the bigger, clearer, and better picture than the one anyone else sees, his methods are always the better ones, and claims to be a modern warrant officer who actually listens to the suggestions of his men.

I have found this to be very contradicting, because whatever suggestion is given, give him 10 reasons why it is a good suggestion, he will give you 11 why his idea is better. And when he knows he can’t win, he will say that the decision is his and he has decided his idea is better. End of discussion. I even offered him alternatives, which required 3rd parties to agree. Expecting the other party not to agree, he agreed that if I can broker the deal, then it is settled. But once I have completed the deal, he comes back and says that it was subjected to his approval. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to reason with him. It’s a dead end anyway.

On another note, I think I shall try to increase the frequency of my blogging, even though, like this week, the weather is so nice to sleep with that it’s been making me lazy to get off my bed to blog. I'm starting to get complains about it. Des, just for your info, my blog has just been updated. Hahaha… Still thinking whether I should pay 5 bucks to travel all the way to Potong Pasir on Sun, just to listen to Desiree and gang destroy music. I just might be crazy enough to do so. Ciao.

No comments: