Thursday, January 19, 2006

Music

If you have noticed, the music to my blog is gone. And I will not be putting up a new one soon. If you have been following the news recently, I think it was last week, you would probably know the reason.

There has been is fiasco lately about the music industry saying that now embedding music in a blog or web site has always needed a license. They even said, the licenses were cheap, only about $5000 a month! That is only if you do not allow other people to download the song being played. WTF! People are giving your music free publicity, and you want to charge them! What is this world coming to?

Next thing you know, if you play a song at an event like a fun fair, or some party, they would be asking you to pay to do so. Everyone who buys a CD would have to lock themselves in a soundproof room so that only they can hear the music and no one else, or face being forced to pay for a license. CDs would come with the warning label: For buyers ears only. You never know.

On another note, didn’t blog over the weekend because I was busy helping my mom shop for New Year things, and cooking the pineapple for tarts. Cooking the pineapple involved grating the pineapple, before cooking it in a pot for 6 hrs, stirring constantly so it doesn’t stick. My hands were totally wasted after all the stirring, but I got the reward of freshly squeezed pineapple juice. Which incidentally drank a little too much, and it dried up my lips. Haiz… I’m still feeling the effects, 4 days on.

Got to go to camp, I will continue blogging another time. Ciao.

No comments: