Monday, December 19, 2005

Update!

I’ve been pretty lazy to blog lately, and usually by the time I get myself up to blog, someone would come and ask me to do something else first. I have finally managed to find the will to write this entry…

Let me start where I last left off…

Sat 10th Dec

Mun Yee’s BBQ went pretty well. By the time all the guys met at BP Plaza and went over to the pits, the girls had already started cooking. We added to what was already on the fire by skewering chicken wings and hot dogs till all the metal skewers were used up. When new charcoal arrived, the guys hopped over to the second pit to start another fire. The girls were scrutinising our fire starting skills, mainly because there was the initial problem with the fire starter. We burnt it with a lighter till the lighter was too hot to handle, and the fire starter escaped unscathed! It was as if the fire starter itself was fire-proof! Got sick of trying to get the fire starter burning by the lighter, and decided to use some solid fuel that was present to get the fire going. Once that was done, some of the guys stuck the fire starter on satay sticks (aft they ate the satay of course) and tried to get the fire starter to burn. Too bad I don’t have a picture of that, because they looked as though they had taken marshmallows and burnt them to a crisp by poking it at the fire. Haha… But at least we had more success burning the fire starter that way.

After starting the fire, to cooking started. I got to eat mostly sotong, because that was the only thing that seemed to actually cook on the fire. The chicken wings on the fire had a hard time cooking, most probably due to the aluminium foil over the grill. But once we removed the foil, it stared to burn. Haha… I managed to get a taste of everything, but luckily that was on my own free will and not during the “zhong zi mi mah” that we played once we were all full. It stared pretty one sided at first, and though one of the guys took the first round, the girls took turns to eat for the next few rounds. All of them started making noise, saying that we should change places with them, so it would not be so one-sided. The cute thing was that when one of the girls came over to sit with the guys, she got the “magic number” and her share of the food. Hahaha… Tough luck. The game evened out later, and the host got the most food. She got 3 chicken wings on one round, and commented it was ok, cos’ she only had 1 chicken wing previously. Then the next time she got the “magic number”, she got half a tray of bee hoon! Haha… And she chose that before we stared the round. Once the food was all gone, the evening ended with some of us tossing hot coals into the canal next to the pits to see them splatter and boil in the water down below. That and the gift exchange. Once we completed the gift exchange, the lights went out. That was our cue to start clearing up whatever was left and head home. Chiang Wei was nice enough to give us a ride to the interchange in the cab he and TYY were sharing, but we had to abandon KW to take LRT due to the lack of space. Luckily he stayed within walking distance of an LRT station.

Mon 12th Dec

Went back to camp after the expiry of my MC. Worked less than ½ a day before I was told that since I was on light duty, my hard earned off was going to be used to give me an extended holiday. *Sob* I had to work OT on that day on top of that, to clear up all the admin matters. So the rest of the week I had another “holiday”. I managed to book my driving lessons for the rest of the week except for Wed.

Tues 13th Dec

Went for driving lesson at 1130hrs. It went pretty well except at the ending, when my ankle started to hurt and it became slightly harder to control the pedal. I kept over stepping the accelerator. Once the lesson ended, I headed for a quick bite before ending up at CW’s place for bowling later in the day. It was a day that the gutter was very clean. The “winning” score? 34. Haha. We had a lot of - - scores that day. After bowling, we headed to the Jurong stadium for dinner at KFC. We tried the new firey flavour and poor Yun was sweating even though we were in an air-conditioned environment.

Thur 14th Dec

Went for another driving lesson. This time went into the circuit for the first time. It’s a crowd place that has a lot of things to drive through. From the S-curve, steep hill, parking, etc. The place being so cramped also doesn’t help. Lucky I didn’t run up any curbs.

Sat 16th Dec

Went to see the movie King Kong with Wendy. The movie was nice; everything looked very realistic and detailed. The fights with the T-rexes was good too… along with the giant creepy crawlies. But I would say the let down in this movie was the ending. The ending was very anti-climatic, with the signature scene of King Kong climbing up the empire state building and getting shot dead by planes. Romantic movie. Too bad that I’m not after the gal I went to watch the movie with. =p

That pretty much was my whole boring week. My ankle is still not ok, so I still can’t go back to playing bball anytime soon. Haiz. Guess I will stop here now. I got to prepare to go to camp. Ciao!

Btw, anyone wants to go see Chronicles of Nania? CW? Ben?

No comments: