Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas

Christmas just passed, and I’ve been blogging crap for a week. Hahaha… I was lazy to write, so cutting and pasting had to do. =P Back to the week before Christmas. Was being forced to clear my off, so I planned to work 2 days that week, Mon and Tues, and take Wed and Thurs off. Friday was family day, free movie at Cineleisure, which happened to be King Kong, which I had just watched with Wendy on Sat. Sad-ded. Aniwae… My plan for a 2-day work week was spoilt, when I got recalled on Thurs because they didn’t have enough people. Lo and behold when I got there and looked at the board, there were actually spare men on that day! If you can afford to have spare personnel, without teams, then why would you say that there were not enough people? Haiz… To think that we have the Organisational Excellence Cert.

Well at least Friday’s plan went along without a hitch. Watched King Kong and then made our way to play LAN at siglap. Poor O Mr. Lin doesn’t know how to play CS, and doesn’t want to be a free frag(I told him I’ll give him my gun and kill him with a knife… Heehee), so we split and some played DOTA, and the rest, including me, played C&C: Generals with him. After that we changed over to Battlefield: Vietnam which was better, save for the renegade rocket every now and then supplied by Mr. Lin himself. I swear he was trying to kill me sometimes. After playing for a couple of hours, we went for dinner before heading home.

Christmas was a pretty quiet affair; my place has never been that big on celebrations anyway. Christmas dinner was turkey and mutton curry. A very classical Singaporean combination.

Took off again on the Tues after Christmas (thereby extending my hol) and when out with Wei Wen. It was supposed to be him and gang, but I guess the gang pulled out on him and it was just me and him. Went to meet him by bus, thinking that it’s a working day, Orchard Rd would be less crowded and the placed not jammed up. Guess I was wrong and spent 45mins in a freaking jam that started all the way from before Scotts. Ended up being pretty late meeting Wei Wen. We went to catch the movie, The Picture, which is for your info, a very lame show. The story cuts off half-way, as though it was short on budget. The fighting scenes were not too bad though. I would rate it 2 out of 5 stars. Don’t waste $$ on it. After the movie, we went to summerset to pick up Wei Wen’s god-daughter for dinner. Over dinner, whilst talking to his god-daughter, found out that one of his other god-daughters doesn’t talk to him because her bf disapproves (How lame can one get?) and another one turned les. This thing about girls going after other girls is getting more common nowadays. It’s a worrying trend. Wonder why…

Went for physiotherapy for my ankle on Thurs. Its pretty lame I say, but anything that gets me out of camp early. Got electro treatment, which knocked out my hp for 4 hrs! And my hp was off at that time. If it was on, it probably would have gotten fried. Whew! But I must remember to put my phone in my bag the next time. When through all the funny things they wanted me to do… but the end result is more disappointing… no improvement. Hope it gets better the next time.

Friday was a pretty packed day. I went for driving in the morning, including the circuit at BBDC. Knocked down the poles during parallel parking due to a miscalculation which resulting in me reversing too much. Argh… At this rate I’m bound to fail… *sob* Still got a month to improve before the test date. I will pass when it comes! Hahaha… Try to at least. After the driving lesson, met up with Aud for lunch, before heading to Ben’s house for the pot-luck, which I was supposed to bring cooked satay, but the apparently don’t start cooking so early. So I ended up sharing pizza with Yun. I spent the rest of the day playing majong, and battlefield 2, which incidentally my com cannot play due to a video card incompatibility. Haiz.

I’m still planning to see if there is anything to do for New Year, but most likely, I will spend it watching TV and catching up on sleep. Hahaha… Till then. Ciao.

No comments: