Sunday, November 19, 2006

The rantings... of a raving lunatic??

I am back… again. Its now just past the mid of Nov and pretty much nothing much has occurred.

Took a little trip with Mom and bro to Kuching, Sarawak. I would have liked to blog about that place… but well, it was a disappointment of sorts. There was nothing much to see there, juz think a mix of present day Singapore with Singapore 30 yrs ago. You will pretty much get the idea of wad its like over there. Things are pretty cheap comparatively, but if u disregard the currency difference, it’s pretty much the same price.

Though I must say, the food that I ate there was either tasteless, or too salty. All the gravies, like curry and satay sauces, looked like they were watered down by a lot. They were generous with it, but it looked and tasted like 1 part gravy, and 2 parts water. Interesting enough, there was this coffee shop there, which was completely run by transvestites. From the moment I stepped in, I thought I had gone to Thailand by mistake. And the whole town area was within walking distance, so the buses there are pretty much pointless. Not to say that they looked like they got the old buses that Singapore scrapped many years ago. If I have the time I might upload a picture of one of the buses they had. And the services there, not only went by route number, they also ran by company. Service 2 from one company ran a different route from the service 2 of another. And they still have the conductor system. Go figure.

Flew there and back by AirAsia, and I must say, the security there is pretty lax. U scan your check-in luggage, pick it up then proceed to actually check it in! Anytime in between you are free to add/remove anything you want. The only thing that showed that it was scanned before is this security sticker, which comes off in one piece, completely defying its purpose. Not that it has one anyway. And on the way back, checked this box of stuff that I was supposed to help carry back for my mom’s friend, and even though they stuck “fragile” on it, it came back to me looking more like it got run over by the plane itself.

That pretty much sums up the whole trip. The next time I travel, maybe I’ll go to somewhere more picturesque or interesting. I hope.

Its almost 2am now, so I will blog again tml if I feel like it. Got some bottled up feelings that I’m not really sure whether I should say anything about. Ciao!

No comments: