Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Long overdue update.

It has been a tiring month of sorts. That’s also most likely why I have not been blogging for over a month. Or rather I have been blogging of sorts. I’ve been writing this entry from the 23rd of February. World’s longest writing of a blog entry? Perhaps. It’s just that I haven’t been able to finish it. Till now that is… So let me rewrite the whole thing and start from where I began.

I had a tiring time in the week before the 23rd. Took 2 guard duties in the space of a week. The earlier one on the 15th was a trade with my friend Desmond; he’s doing my guard on the 25th so I get to go to Asian Aerospace 2006. =) But I must say, I really pity him and his guard team. The avionics man in his team is really screwed up. Let’s call him A for ease. There are already so many things to do as the guard team, to get a person like A is sickening. He does the minimum, the bare minimum to get him by. Meaning if it is possible for any of the rest of us that is able to do something, he will act blur till we do it.

Take for an example, servicing an aircraft. A 3-man team – Avionics takes the fastest to check their systems. After completing their checks, the usual is to help out the rest of the team. After all, we are only as fast as our slowest person. He would rather sit inside the aircraft and stone/ play with his hp/ sleep rather than get off his butt and help out. But fine you don’t want to help, so be it. He has the cheek to say, “When you guys need help, tell me…” when he sees that we have finished doing everything. To top that off, the guard has extra duties, which all 3 of us are supposed to do. The usual practice is to split up the duties. After splitting, and agreeing to what we should do, we go on to do it, finding out after which, A has not done his part, and has been sitting there watching TV! Grr… If not for the other guy in the team, who was also cursing and swearing at him, I would have killed A, and buried him somewhere in the base. That is the last time I’m doing guard with him. Period.

Spent the weekend after the 23rd going to Asian Aerospace 2006 with Wendy and Vijay on Sat. We all duly got burnt to a crisp just by staying outside to watch the aerial display. On the whole, the exhibition was somewhat of a disappointment, esp. when compared to the show in 2004. The aerial display was the most disappointing. Gone were the acrobatic flying teams, what was left were only a couple of aircraft doing spins and loops, I think only the F-15 and the Airbus A380 was worth watching. Also, there was a sore lacking of souvenirs, the biggest thing there was a Asian Aerospace poster, with an autograph session with some US pilots, which looked like the organiser’s attempt to make up for the shortfall.

Walked around till all of us were burnt and tired, then we ran into Kent, Yulong and gang. More like Yulong and his friend whose name I cannot remember only because the rest of them were queuing for the autographs and couldn’t find their way back to where we were. Hahaha… Direction-less ppl.

After the Asian Aerospace, Wendy and I were supposed to go shopping (That is another long story, which I would not blog about.), which at the end of the show, she ‘pang sei’ me to go drink coffee with her friend. =( So it ended up with Vijay and me taking a rest at the food court in White Sands, while taking our long over due lunch. We sat there and slacked till about 6, before heading for home.

The next day, I was supposed to go swimming, but in the end I decided against it because I wanted to stay out of the sun for at least a few days after getting burnt pretty badly. So I spent the rest of the day slacking at home. On Mon however, I got burnt a second time, due to getting 3 aircraft servicing starting from 12pm. By the time I was done, it was 4 going 5, and I was once again crispy. The rest of the week was not much better, and I think if Fri if I didn’t get a medical appointment and had to go back to camp, I’d be a prime candidate for cancer due to overexposure to the sun.

Anyway, I was supposed to go to Sabbie’s birthday party at aloha changi on sun night, but after checking with the rest of the guys, whom none of which were going, because they either had to book-in, booked-in or simply had something else to do. Perhaps it was because she only told us about it less than a week before the event. But either way, most of them would be her church friends going, and since I wouldn’t know anyone there besides her if the rest didn’t go, I decided to give it a skip.

I have also resumed my driving lesson, in preparation for my test in May. Haiz… Why must the time between each test be so long?? I know that there are a lot of people trying to take the test, but why must they limit it to about 20people/day? If they constantly tested, maybe once every 2 hrs, then the test waiting won’t be in months, but rather in weeks at least. But there is no point in moaning about it. May 5th is my test and I will do all I can to pass this time. I don’t want to waste anymore time and money.

Back to the present, this week has gone well so far, Wendy has been getting a bit closer to me of late, but on Sat I skipped going out with her after her OT at her attachment and I think she is still angry at me for that. But I really had no mood to go out that day, after getting “put aeroplane” by 2 people in a row. Hmm… Could this be a sign?? I’m not really sure. But I think I’ll stick around to find out. This could have good results. And since I’m not really after anyone else, I got nothing to lose in this case. Hahaha… I know I’m making it seem really calculated. =X

Yesterday, there was a power outage in camp for most of my shift, and my shift being the night shift sure didn’t make it any better. Walking around in the dark is one thing, but the building without air-con is really suffocating. It also made all the work slower, so much so that a job that would have been completed by 10.45 was only done at about 12. So by the time I got home, it was 12.30. Lucky thing is that I don’t have to work so early today.

I got to go prep for camp, so I will end off here for now. Ciao. Till then.

No comments: